
Speaking to a2zgist on Tuesday, the family described the claims as deliberate falsehoods aimed at tarnishing Teina’s reputation and concealing the truth behind his abduction.
The family of the former Director-General of the Kogi State Bureau of Lands, AbdulMalik Samari Teina, who was reportedly abducted by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), has dismissed allegations by the Kogi State government that he diverted public funds.

Speaking to A2zgist on Tuesday, the family described the claims as deliberate falsehoods aimed at tarnishing Teina’s reputation and concealing the truth behind his abduction.
According to the family, the land transaction being cited by the government as evidence of financial misconduct was a legitimate private deal, not a government project.
They explained that the property involved was land that could legally be purchased by any individual, including private citizens.
A family source revealed that Teina had initially introduced the land to Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo and the Chief of Staff, Ali Bello.

“The Governor later instructed Teina to divide the land into three parts — one for himself, one for the Chief of Staff, and one for Teina,” the source said.

However, Teina reportedly informed both men that his house had recently been destroyed by fire and that he no longer needed his portion. Rather than selling it to someone else, he suggested that they add his share to theirs and compensate him accordingly.
“The Governor and Chief of Staff agreed to this arrangement and directed him to prepare a formal request for funds to cover both the land payment and his agreed compensation,” the source added.
The family expressed shock that the same government officials are now accusing Teina of diverting public funds after misunderstanding within them.
“Now, the same Governor and Chief of Staff are turning around to accuse him of misappropriating funds,” the family source said. “This is despite the fact that they personally approved and participated in the transaction, knowing fully well that his home had just been burnt down.”
They further maintained that the only money Teina received was from the sale of his own portion of land, which was purchased by the Governor and Chief of Staff to assist him after the fire incident.
“The allegations are completely false and are only meant to intimidate and discredit him,” the family declared.
“If such a legitimate personal transaction is now being used against him, then the Governor and Chief of Staff, who were also parties to the same transaction, should equally be questioned.”
The family condemned the alleged use of the DSS to harass and intimidate their son and called on the authorities to ensure his safety and release.
“These baseless accusations and the unlawful use of state security forces against our family must stop,” they said. “Our son is innocent, and we stand firm in the truth.”
Previously, SaharaReporters reported that Teina has reportedly been abducted by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Sources claimed this incident is in connection with a political misunderstanding involving former Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello, incumbent Governor Ahmed Ododo, and Chief of Staff Ali Bello, who is Yahaya Bello’s nephew.
A family source told SaharaReporters that the DSS operatives stormed Teina’s residence in Abuja in the early hours of Monday, around 12:30am.
According to the source, Teina had earlier served as Director of Lands before his position was suddenly changed to General Manager without any prior notice or explanation.
Shocked by the development, he tendered his resignation.
“There was no fight or argument. He simply woke up one morning and saw on Facebook that his position had been changed to General Manager. He resigned and returned home,” the source said.
The source added that following his resignation, some associates of Yahaya Bello accused Teina of failing to report to the former governor.
Teina reportedly clarified that he had indeed informed Bello, who told him to accept the situation in good faith.
“Since then, he stayed on his own, minding his business,” the source said.
Later, the family said, allegations emerged that ₦3million was found in Teina’s and his wife’s accounts.
However, the source explained that the money was given to him after his former house was burnt down, to help him secure another residence.
“Now, they’re saying he can’t send money to his wife. They directed his wife to an agency for clarification, and the same agency had earlier paid the ₦3 million into her account,” the source said.
When the agency called Teina’s wife to appear before the DSS, she said that she was not a civil servant.
Teina’s lawyer was said to have written to both the Office of the Governor and the DSS, insisting that if there were any issues, they should take the matter to court.
However, things escalated when DSS operatives invaded Teina’s Abuja home.
During the operation, they allegedly slapped his son, accusing him of hiding his father’s phone. His wife reportedly protested, saying her son had done nothing wrong.
The source said, “His wife asked where they were taking her husband, but the DSS officers pushed her and drew their guns inside the house. AbdulMalik’s elderly mother fainted, and one of his daughters suffered an asthma attack from the shock.”
As the situation worsened, Teina’s mother regained consciousness and tried to follow the operatives, pleading that they should not take her son away since they had not properly identified themselves.
“They pushed her back and warned her not to follow them. Then, they bundled AbdulMalik into a Sienna vehicle and drove off without explanation,” the family source said.
The family believes the ordeal stems from an ongoing political feud involving Yahaya Bello, Governor Ahmed Ododo, and Chief of Staff Ali Bello.
“The Chief of Staff has a criminal case, yet they made him Chief of Staff. Now, he’s disturbing AbdulMalik’s life. Can you imagine?” the source added.
