The statement said the pair were at the court to show solidarity with human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore, who was attending a court session, when police operatives “violently whisked them away” in an unmarked vehicle.

The Take It Back (TIB) Movement, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Chapter, has accused the Nigeria Police Force of abducting two of its members in what it described as an act of “state-sanctioned kidnapping.”

According to a statement issued on Tuesday by the group’s coordinator, Comrade Moses Andrew, the victims Comrade Haruna Israel and his friend were allegedly seized by armed police officers at the entrance of the Magistrate Court, Kuchiyako, Kuje, on Monday, October 27, 2025.

The statement said the pair were at the court to show solidarity with human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore, who was attending a court session, when police operatives “violently whisked them away” in an unmarked vehicle.

The statement added that the incident was an unlawful arrest, adding that the movement claims had since discovered that no formal charges were filed against them and that the men’s whereabouts remained unknown.

“Following their abduction, the Kuje Divisional Police Officer (DPO), who was said to have led the team, claimed that the comrades had been transferred to the FCT Police Command,” the statement read.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *