
This is according to the state’s Q3 Budget Implementation Report released on Monday, October 28, 2025 and seen by A2zgist.
espite worsening insecurity across parts of Kwara State, the administration of Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has spent over N1.4billion on foreign trips and transportation within the first nine months of 2025.
This is according to the state’s Q3 Budget Implementation Report released on Monday, October 28, 2025 and seen by A2zgist
The performance report, obtained by A2zgist, shows that under the subhead “International Travel & Transport (Others)”, the Kwara State Government approved an original budget of N5,257,014,199 for the 2025 fiscal year.
Out of this, N534,266,530 was spent in the third quarter alone, bringing the total expenditure from January to September to N1,419,738,514.

The revelation comes at a time when insecurity continues to devastate communities in Kwara South and North, where armed bandits and suspected Fulani herders have carried out repeated attacks.
A2zgist had reported how kwara residents fled their ancestral homes, while farmers abandoned their farmlands due to persistent kidnappings and ransom demands.
On September 28, 2025, A2zgist reported that at least 10 members of local vigilante groups, including forest guards, were killed, and five others abducted after terrorists suspected to be armed bandits launched an attack on Oke-Ode community in Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
Residents said the assailants stormed the agrarian town in large numbers in the early hours of September, engaging the vigilantes in a fierce confrontation.
a2zgist learnt that the vigilantes, who had long served as the first line of defence for rural communities in the absence of a consistent military presence, were reportedly overpowered by the attackers.
A video obtained by A2zgist shows several lifeless bodies lying in pools of blood as grieving family members and sympathizers gathered around them in anguish.
A source in the area described the situation as “terrible,” lamenting the sudden withdrawal of Nigerian soldiers who had previously been stationed nearby.
“We don’t know why they withdrew the soldiers. Now our people are exposed. We learnt that 10 people were killed and five were kidnapped. The situation is now terrible,” the source said.
The incident has heightened fear among villagers who rely heavily on vigilante groups for security in the face of recurring bandit attacks in Kwara South and North of the state.
Confirming the attack, the press secretary to Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, Rafiu Ajakaye, had described the killings as devastating. Writing in a WhatsApp group, he said the situation is devastating beyond words.
“This is sad. Devastating beyond words. Pls be patient. It could have been worse without the effort of the forest guards. Three guards died, one got injured. Many of the attackers also died,” he said.
Earlier, A2zgist reported that bandits had abducted a local businessman, Suleiman Ndana, during a midnight raid on the Tsaragi community in the Edu Local Government Area of the state.
The attack occurred around midnight when the gunmen stormed the area, targeting Ndana, who recently built a new fuel station in Yana Kokonna, Tsaragi.
Residents said the attackers operated for several minutes before whisking him away to an unknown destination. His abduction has since thrown the community into fear and uncertainty.
